WHAT IS CURRICULUM?
“Curriculum can refer to the total structure of ideas and activities developed by an educational institution to meet the learning needs of students and to achieve desired educational aims”
– Dereck Rowntree
The Madaan International School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. The curriculum followed at the school is on the guidelines of NCERT and NCF.
We work towards:
- Connecting knowledge to life outside school
- Ensuring that learning is shifted away from rote to methods
- Enriching the curriculum to provide for overall development of children
- Making assessments more flexible and integrated with classroom learning and teaching
- Nurturing an over-riding identity informed by caring concerns within the democratic policy of the country
Our curriculum is woven around the 4 pillars of Education:
- Learning to know
- Learning to do
- Learning to live together
- Learning to be
THE CURRICULUM STRUCTURE
The Curriculum envisages a particular relationship between the acquisition of knowledge, development of concepts and skills, formation of values and attitudes, self-expression and creativity.